Friday, October 8, 2010

Dealing with Rejection

So I joined ldssingles a little over a month ago. It came on the heals of a breakup with a guy I had only dated a couple of months and I decided I needed to get myself out there again and quickly. The positive results were instantaneous (albeit from 60+ year olds) but then guys my age started contacting me and it felt good. I had about 7 guys I was actively 'messaging' and things were looking positive. Then a month passed and one by one they stopped replying and I was left with just 3 guys and still, none of them had asked to meet me. Odd.

Now comes the rejection. Online dating is like being rejected at the biggest party you have ever been to by every man at the party. It wears on me emotionally; especially when I make the initial contact, see that the guy looked at my profile and then decided I just wasn't worth it. It sucks. And it keeps happening. Am I really that unappealing to every man out there in ldssingles land? Okay, okay, not every one of them. I still get the occasional 'flirt' or 'message' from a guy I just am not interested in even remotely. But it still feels awful. I'm being rejected on a grand scale and I hate it.

Rejection is never easy to deal with. Preempting rejection is one reason why I tend to stay away from parties and dances. I should have preempted the online dating rejection and not signed up. It sucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment