Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Heart Camping

I mentioned in a previous post that I have recently joined an online dating site. It's funny. Even writing that I'm doing the online dating thing makes me wince a little and hold my breath while I write the words. But I digress. This post is directed at the men on the site. Yes, I know they aren't reading this post and the likelihood that this message will trickle down is slim to unlikely, but I cannot let another day go without saying something. I owe it to myself and other like-minded girls who are daring enough to wade through the murky waters of online dating to try and address this all-important topic.

Here goes...

It appears that 99.9% of the men within a 30 mile radius of Salt Lake City, between the ages of 28 and 42 love to camp and to hike. About 80% of these men love to four-wheel, hunt, fish and do other "manly" outdoor activities. Now I know you men are trying to be honest, but really? You think the best way to attract a woman is to state, in the first lines of your greeting that you essentially enjoy sleeping on the most uncomfortable surfaces known to man, while being smelly and dirty? Really? That isn't sexy or appealing. Honestly. 

It is confusing to me, it truly is. I don't heart camping. I do it and actually like it for, oh, 3 days max, but love it? Not a chance. Apparently every man has been told that this is the best way to a woman's heart. But all I read is that if I choose him, I'll have to suffer the pain of days and days of camping and riding in the bumpiest car while four-wheeling. No. Thank. You. Somewhere these men were led astray. Very astray.

1 comment: