Thursday, November 4, 2010

Somebody Loved

As I was cooking dinner for moi only tonight, one of my favorite songs played on my iPod -"Somebody Loved" by the Weepies. I love the song and the line "you turned me into somebody loved." As I listened I longed for the day when I could look some amazing man in the eyes and know that he had turned me into somebody loved. There is something so incredibly fantastic about knowing someone loves you.

Then as I sat there I realized that I was already somebody loved. I'm loved by SO many people! I have 2 fantastic parents who let me know daily I am loved. I have 7 siblings that I am blessed to have wonderful friendships with and who let me know they love me and I have 15 nieces and nephews who thankfully all love me (even Owen sometimes loves me ;-p).

The thing about life is that it becomes so easy to look at what I don't have. I don't have a husband. I don't even have a boyfriend. I don't have a lot of friends. I don't have a ton of money. I don't, I don't, I don't... But all that becomes irrelevant when I think about what I DO have. I have a lot. I have an abundance in my life. And I'm not just somebody. I've absolutely beeen turned into somebody loved -by all these people...




And these people



Oh and I actually have a date this weekend. Go me!

2 comments:

  1. Kara, that was a nice post! Thanks for the ballet, it was SO fun to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Kara. It is certainly a good reminder for all of us to quit focusing on the things that we don't have and rather celebrate the things we do. We love you!!! Oh...and good luck with your date. Work it girl!

    ReplyDelete