Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Flirting. How the Crap Do I Do It?

This past weekend I attended an all-day seminar put on by a local dating coach. It was a long day. It was made even longer by the fact that the more she spoke the more I realized that I have been LUCKY to get dates and to have boyfriends ;). I'm not a flirt and apparently, the correct flirting is the key to dates. And as we all know, the key to getting married is actually going on dates.

I learned some techniques that will require me actually placing myself in the presence of single men (where and how, I am at a loss but I'll find them if it kills me). What is going to be the hardest part of all this is that what I was taught is so completely unnatural for me and I absolutely know I will make a fool of myself. For example, I am supposed to giggle, speak in a higher pitched voice, play with my hair (which will be more difficult since I just cut it off), laughingly touch his arm and give it a slight squeeze, give little waives and smiles and basically pretend I am 16 and not 35. I'm doomed. No doubt about it.

But, I'm going to make an effort. The next party or singles event I am at, I am going to try at least one new technique and thrust myself out of my comfort zone, even if it is just for 60 seconds or less.

Wish me luck! I truly need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment