Sunday, November 7, 2010

13 and counting...

That's the number of people I know who have become engaged since probably June. I have decided not to count anymore since it was getting ridiculous. Only a few of these people knew each other for a long period of time -most, less than a year. What punch are they drinking, because I definitely need a swig of that; or maybe a whole punch bowl full.

Apparently engagements come in waves. This happens to be a wave of tidal proportions! I'm afraid it will rush past me and I'll be left in the tidal pool waiting for the next wave to hit. I'm not trying to be all boo-hoo-ish about this, but its hard not to be. Facebook post after facebook post has boasted of the impending nuptials of so many people that I have wanted to throw my phone and computer off of a very tall building. About a month ago I had 4 straight days of posts by people about getting engaged. Unfair? Absolutely I think.

I have never been married, haven't had a real engagement ring put on my finger. Yet for the past year, every so often during the day I will look down at my bare finger and have a waive of panic that I've lost my wedding ring. Then I realize that I didn't lose it, it apparently lost me and found other willing little fingers to grace. Sad inside.

On a completely different tangent, the date on Friday was good. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that the date was good! Keep your head up Kara, just keep being the sweet funny happy person that you are and he'll come around!

    ReplyDelete