Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lessons Learned

This weekend was a really good one. I got some work done, hung out with friends and family and just tried to relax and enjoy it all. In the end, I think I am ending this weekend having learned a few things.

1. The conference center locks down its garage at about 11:30 pm. Show up at 12:15 am to get your car and you are pretty much SOL, unless you can somehow convince a security guard to let you in and then let you out of the garage. 

2. Getting out of my comfort zone is sometimes not a horrible disaster and sometimes I can meet great people and potential friends.

3. The internet may seem like it is a place where people are faceless and therefore not really real, but the things we put out there have the potential to affect real people with real feelings. Sorry Michael. I removed the poem post. 

4. Going to bed early (like tonight) is not a bad thing and may keep me younger longer {and its free unlike other youth-maintenance remedies}, which is a very good thing.

All in all, I learned some things and met some fantastic people. Here's to a great weekend and many more to come!

1 comment: