Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A little insight

There are so many rules to dating. There is the wait to call rule, the A list and B list rule, the time between dates rule, the exclusivity rule, the when to kiss rule, the gift rule, ... So many rules it is difficult to keep it all straight. And it is also difficult to insert my own personality and my wants and desires into someone else's rules. So I've decided to make a weekly Wednesday post on my rules and expectations. Maybe Mr. Right is reading this blog and it would be helpful to gain a little insight into me. Or maybe it will serve as a sounding board to make sure my rules aren't outrageous and my expectations aren't impossible to meet. 

With that said, here is my first ever Insight Wednesday post.

I must admit. I don't like the rules society has given -especially the one on how I can't show too much emotion too early on. Here's the truth about me. If I'm into a guy, I want him to know it. I don't want him to be scared off, but to be flattered and hopefully, be into me as well. I'm usually a good judge as to when a guy is into me, so I'm not too worried about that. What I don't understand is why a text from me or a call from me out of the blue is a bad thing or rather an unacceptable thing. And can't I say I'd love to go out on Friday without him thinking I'm secretly saying I love him? 

Life is short and moves way to fast the older I get. So why not just go with the flow and do what seems fun and right and that gives me that 'oh my goodness, this just may go somewhere' feeling that is a mixture of excitement and fear all mixed together. 

The gist of it is, if I'm into a guy, I hope he wants to spend time with me as much as I want to spend time with him. And I hope he wants to send me the random text to see how my day is going and not feel worried that he has unwittingly sent me a proposal.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! I think you should be able to do all of those things without feeling like you are weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, I was never a flirt, and I didn't play those silly dating rules.. I don't claim to be any guru but you are so wonderful, just be yourself. We love you.

    ReplyDelete