Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finding Balance

This morning I started thinking about this blog. I don't want it to turn into a love fest blog about my current very happy relationship. There is a lot I still think about and maybe need to work through via this medium. So I'm going to keep it up, with hopefully only a little cheesiness intertwined into the posts.

A couple of months ago I wrote this note to myself: "Find Balance". I found it the other day and honestly cannot remember what prompted the note, but after thinking about it, I think it is great advice to myself. Who doesn't need a little more balance after all?

As a single girl I have had to find self worth and value in being single and in being alone. That isn't always easy, especially since I belong to a church that emphasizes family so much. But that comfort level with ones self is important, no matter what stage of life we find ourselves at. Being totally at ease with living life, such as preparing a dinner by myself and just enjoying the silence that 'singlehood' brings, is important in my  mind.

But with everything, there is a necessary level of balance involved. Here I am. I have my own place, I have my things, I know who made the mess, who is responsible, where I can find total quiet if I want to... I have my routine and I am actually happy with it and find comfort in the life I have established.

I think ultimately the note to myself to find balance just means that I have to remember that in all things there is a little give and take. I have to be open to allowing someone to intrude on my 'routine' and into my solace. I'm comfortable with being single. Now I have to make sure I can allow myself to be comfortable being with someone else. After all, just me is fine, but me with someone else...well that could be amazing! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment