Wednesday, February 16, 2011

All Smiles


All smiles. That is what I was the other day when a cute guy sent me a little something. It wasn’t huge or expensive or rare –it was a cookie. But he thought of me and that absolutely made my day. A co-worker walked in as I was texting to say thank you and she stopped and said, "now that's a big smile". Yeah, I was grinning.

Sometimes I get caught up in the wants of life and the expectations of big things, but in reality, it’s the simplest of gestures that bring the biggest smiles to my face sometimes. Just knowing he thought about me was enough. 

It’s a good reminder for my interactions with that Mr. Future Someone. And hopefully, that Mr. Future Someone will bring lots of smiles with simple gestures. It’s the small things that really may make the biggest difference, don’t you think?

{By the way, yes, it was a yummy cookie ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment