Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just "Friends"


I recently had to move a guy over into the “just friends” category. {I should note here that he had already put himself there but wasn’t acting like it –see Day Late post}. He begrudgingly acknowledged that it was the only place we could be since he wasn’t either 1) willing to break up with his girlfriend or 2) be emotionally prepared to be anything but friends even if he did break up. We enjoy hanging out so the only real next move for us was to become friends.

What has been interesting is that I actually really like being friends with this guy. He was having a hard night last night so I invited him over and we strategized about how to make his relationship better. It works out well because, hey, I’m a girl and I think like a girl and can tell him what a girl would possibly think about a given situation. And I get to see how guys think about certain things. It’s a win-win in my book.

{Now I know you are thinking that this has the potential to turn into a bad situation with feelings developing on either side that may not be reciprocated…but for now why think about that?}

I don’t think every guy should be in the “friend” category –that would be dumb. But having a guy friend is really refreshing. I don’t feel the need to impress him and can just be myself. Coincidentally he is getting to know me better than a lot of other guys I am interested in. I think every single girl needs a good guy friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment