Monday, February 28, 2011

Manic.

Being single sometimes feels like I am a bit bipolar. The highs are amazing and the lows are, well, low. And the lows really suck. I think it is really interesting that being with or without a person in my life can influence my mood so drastically. And that even when I’m with someone I can still have these lows. Maybe I’m the only person it affects this way, but I doubt it {or at least I like to think I’m not the only one}.

These past few weeks have really been amazing. I’ve been dating some truly great guys and having the time of my life. I’m taking advantage of riding the highs that come with dating and trying with all my might to avoid the lows that sometimes come with dating…those lows that come with the all-too-common female problem of over analyzing every relationship.

Like an earlier post stated, I’m trying more to live in the present, which means I am also trying not to over think the dates or what the guys are thinking, or what I’m thinking for that matter. Relationships take time to develop {unless you are my brother and sister in law} and I am okay with taking things one day at a time and not predicting what next month or even next week holds in store for me. {Really, I am okay with the uncertainty…I just keep telling myself this and taking a deep breath}. So far so good. I have made necessary adjustments with certain guys and am taking things one day at a time.

I think figuring out how to accept that there is just no way to predict the future, or even to figure out what guys are thinking, is a key in stabilizing the manic side of dating and being single. Granted, I am writing this at a high point, but I think it is at these high points that we can shape the severity and trajectory of our inevitable {maybe not so inevitable} lows. 

Maybe I’m on to something.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment